May 30, 2022
Today’s riddle: What is it?
It belongs to you, has never belonged to anyone else, and never will belong to anyone else.
You can’t share it.
You can give it, but you can’t give it away.
Lots of people want it. Some ask for it, some beg for it, and some even try to demand it.
If you don’t use it, no one else can.
By now, you probably know the answer. It’s your vote.
It’s your voice, so let it be heard.
June 2nd is your chance to say what you want Ontario’s government to look like. To find out how:
- Find your provincial riding and check that you can vote. Go to Elections Ontario and enter your postal code in the Voter Information Service box to find your riding. Under Voter Registration, add, update, or confirm your voting information.
- Check Elections Ontario for updated information on ways to vote. Voter registration cards were mailed out earlier this month, but you don’t need one to vote. Just take one piece of ID with your name and residential address (for example, a driver’s license or hydro bill) to the voting station.
Candidates and parties all want your vote. They have to prove to you they deserve it. When you are deciding, here are some things to think about.
- What will a candidate do about things that are important to you? What will the party do?
- If a candidate is already in office and running for re-election, what have they done so far about things that are important to you?
- If they are making promises, can you believe them?
Check these pages on our website to find out more about the parties and candidates.
Now it’s up to you.
Ask, think, and then vote!