Membership is open to individuals who are Ontario residents, are 18 years of age or older, and apply for membership. Care Watch currently does not charge an annual membership fee.
In addition to being interested in and willing to promote Care Watch’s objectives, members are expected to contribute actively to the organization through contribution to research and analysis of issues; development of policies and position statements or discussion papers; participation in public awareness/education or outreach activities; and/or advocacy activities and campaigns (e.g., public presentations or special events). Such participation occurs via involvement in the Board of Directors or a board committee, project task group or advocacy campaign.
Members are entitled to the following benefits:
- Voting at Annual General Meetings
- Seek nomination to, and be elected or appointed to, the Board of Directors
- Receive notice of meetings of the organization, including public meetings or events sponsored or co-sponsored by the organization
- Receive notice of position statements and other advocacy information published by Care Watch.
Note that only members are eligible to be nominated to Care Watch’s Board of Directors, the majority of which are required to be 60 years or older to maintain the leadership of seniors.
supporters and contacts
Individuals or organizations wishing to support and advance Care Watch’s objectives and positions or policies, or simply receive information on our policies, positions or campaigns, are encouraged to be a Supporter/Contact by registering their contact information with us.
Supporters and contacts are entitled to the following benefits:
- Periodic newsletters
- Notice of upcoming Annual General Meetings
- Notice of relevant information or educational sessions
- Notice of position statements and other advocacy information published by Care Watch or allied organizations
How to apply
Please download, complete and return this application form to let us know how you want to be involved and how to maintain contact with you.